WiseCleaner Think Tank
Encounter difficult computer problems?
All about maintenance and optimization of your Windows System.
Nov 28, 2013
In the meanwhile a lot of people started buying 3,4,5 GB of RAM but what they didn’t know was that their 32-bit Windows Vista could only handle 3 GB at most!
Luckily for those guys, there is a little trick that enables their Vista “to overcome” that limit. Here is the trick:
1. Click Start.
2. Type CMD in the Search Bar.
3. Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run cmd in administrative mode.
4. Type BCDEdit /set PAE forceenable
5. If this doesn't work, try at least two other times. As a matter of fact, Windows Vista does not take this command right away in some cases. Make also sure to type the command in the same way it is written on point 4.
6. If Vista got this command successfully you should see the following message: The operation completed successfully.
7. To undo it, type: BCDEdit /deletevalue PAE