Encounter difficult computer problems? All about maintenance and optimization of your Windows System.
Home > Think Tank > How to Add Shortcuts to Context Menu in Windows 7 & 8?
How to Add Shortcuts to Context Menu in Windows 7 & 8?
Jul 9, 2014
The right-click context menu is a pretty powerful tool. And it is easy to configure and customize. Today, we’ll learn how to add any desired shortcuts to desktop context menu in the Registry Editor.
1. Press Win + R keys to open Run box. Enter “regedit” and click Ok.
2. Navigate to the location as below when the Registry Editor opens.
3. Create a new key under Shell key. Right click Shell key, select New and select Key. Then give the new key a name like Firefox.
4. Right click the Firefox key, select New and then select Key. The new key should be named command.
5. Select command key, you will see Default String value in right-side pane. Double click Default and set its value data to Firefox.
When you right click desktop, you will find the Firefox shortcut option appear in context menu.