How to Install Windows 8.1 Update ?
Check to see if Windows update has already installed the software.
If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 and you get updates automatically, you don’t need to do anything: Windows Update will download and install the update for you within the next few weeks. It won’t interrupt what you’re doing except to tell you that you need to restart your PC to finish the installation.
To check if the update is already installed, go to the Start screen. If you see a Search button near your account name at the top of the Start screen, you already have the update.
After the update, the Search button appears on the Start screen.
Remember, the update is gradually rolling out to everyone with a PC running Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 over a period of several weeks. If you get automatic updates but you can’t see the update yet, wait a few days and check again.If you’re running Windows RT 8.1, this update is automatic. If you’re running Windows 8.1 and you want to check your Windows Update settings, see Turning automatic updating on or off.If your PC is running Windows 8 or Windows RT, open the Windows Store on your PC and update to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1.
Installing the Update Yourself
If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 and you don’t have the update yet, you can manually install it by following these steps:
1. Make sure your PC is plugged in and connected to the Internet. Don’t disconnect, unplug or turn off your PC while the update is being installed.
2. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Change PC settings.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the bottom-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.)
3. Tap or click Update and recovery, then tap or click Windows Update.
4. Tap or click Check now.
5. If updates are found, tap or click View details.
6. In the list of updates, select the update containing KB 2919355, then tap or click Install.
If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or provide confirmation.
After the installation is complete, restart your PC and sign in.