WiseCleaner Think Tank
Encounter difficult computer problems?
All about maintenance and optimization of your Windows System.
Sep 19, 2023
F-keys, also known as Function keys, are familiar to people who use the computer frequently. However, people may use its basic function skillfully but not the special function which works often combined with the Ctrl or Alt key.
1. In Microsoft Office, press F1 to open the Help menu, and press Ctrl+F1 to collapse and expand the Option menu.
2. In Microsoft Excel, press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to create a new worksheet tab.
1. In Microsoft Office, press Ctrl+F2 to print the present document, press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to open the Open document window.
2. In Microsoft Excel, press F2 to edit the active cell, and press Alt+F2 to open the Save as window.
3. In Microsoft PowerPoint, press Alt+F2 to open Save as window.
1. In Microsoft Word, press Shift+F3 to change the uppercase, lowercase, and capitalize the first letter of each word.2. In Microsoft Excel, press Shift+F3 to open the Insert Function window.
1. In the browser window, press Ctrl+F4 to close the current tab.
2. Press Alt+F4 to close the program window currently active.
3. Repeat the last action performed in Microsoft Word.
1. In Microsoft Word, press F5 to open the Find, Replace and Go to window, and press Alt+F5 to shrink window.
2. In Microsoft Excel, press F5 to open Go to window, press Ctrl+F5 to shrink window.
3. In Microsoft PowerPoint, press F5 to start a slideshow from the first slide, press Shift+F5 to start the slideshow from the currently active slide.
In Microsoft, press Ctrl+F6 to switch among different opening documents.
In Microsoft Office, press F7 to check the spelling and grammar of a document, press Shift+F7 to open the Thesaurus check function.
In Microsoft Office, press Alt+F8 to open the Micro window.
1. In Microsoft Word, press Ctrl+F9 to insert a dull character.
2. Press F9 to send and receive e-mail in Microsoft Outlook.
3. In Windows Media Player, press F9 can turn down the volume.
In Microsoft Office, press Ctrl+F10 to maximize or shrink window.
Press Shift+F11 to add a new sheet in Microsoft Excel.
1. In Microsoft Office, press F12 to open Save as window, press Ctrl+F12 to open the Open document window.
2. Press Shift+F12 to save the Microsoft Word document (like Ctrl+S).
3. Press Ctrl+Shift+F12 to print the current document.
In brief, as you can see from the article above, F-keys hide many practical functions that people may not know. Now, you can try to use these techniques to improve your work efficiency. By the way, if you are interested in the F-keys basic function, please turn to this article: What Do the Function Keys ( F1 to F12) Do on Windows 11