How To Disable/Turn off System Restore In Windows 7 / Vista / XP?
Learn how to do it, after this jump.
1. Disable System Restore in Windows XP
(1) Right Click My Computer on your desktop, or click Start and it will be listed in the menu.
(2) Click Properties, and above the General tab click the System Restore tab.
(3) Click the check box Turn Off System Restore on all drives.
2. Disable System Restore in Windows Vista or 7
(1) Right click on Computer, select Properties from contextual menu or click on Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System.
(2) In the left pane, click System Protection. If you are prompted for an administrator password, type the password or provide confirmation. You will see a list of hard disk drives, the check boxes with ticks indicate that System Restore is on for that particular volume. So to to turn off System Protection, clear the check box next to the disk.
(3) Now a System Protection dialog box will appear. Click on Turn System Restore Off button. Click OK and System Restore is now off.
(4) To revert and enable or turn on System Protection for a hard disk, simply select (tick) the check box next to the disk, and then click OK.