5 Common Reasons of Hard Disk Failure
1. Manufacturer Defects - One of the symptoms of this is, that the Hard Disk is not recognized by the system during the boot up process. Your system may freeze while booting up.
2. Electronic and Power Supply issues - A sudden power surge or excessive power supply to your device can cause your Hard Drive to fail because of the magnetic material in the Hard Disk.
3. Corrupt Operating System Files - These files became corrupt they are inaccessible and will cause problems with Hard Drive functionality.
4. Mechanical Failure - Mechanical failure can also occur as the result of formatting of an old drive, exceeding the storage limit, or even a virus or malware attack.
5. Extreme temperatures - Excessive heat can be caused by a faulty fan, improper ventilation due to dust and debris, or a fan which is running sluggishly.