Are you a PC gamer? Can you play games on Windows 10 smoothly? If not, you need to optimize your windows 10 system for gaming. Here are some tips that will show you how to improve gaming performance on your Windows 10.
1. Disable automatic updates
By default, Windows 10 will automatically update your operating system, which can slow down the performance of your PC gaming, so you'd better disable the automatic updates.
Right click "This PC" --> "Manage" -->"Service"--> "Windows Update” -->“Disable” -->"Apply" --> "OK".
2. Adjust PC for best performance
Control Panel --> System --> Advanced system settings --> System properties Advanced tab --> Performance settings --> Visual effects --> Select "Adjust for best performance" and click "Apply".
3. Disable Nagle's Algorithm
Although Nagle's algorithm is good for efficient data transfer, it can slow down the internet connection which can influence playing online games. Follow the steps to disable it.
- Press "win + R" and type "Regedit".
- Find: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
- Find the one which contains your IP address
- After you find the required file, in the empty space, right click on it and create two new DWORD. Name of them as TcpAckFrequency and TcpNoDelay. After creating both simply double-click on it and set their parameters as "1".
4. Try some free gaming boost software
If you want a simple and powerful game optimization application, Wise Game Booster will be a good option for you. It can close startups, free up memory, tune-up network and keep your PC in top game performance! What's more, it is very light on system resources and totally free!
Enjoy gaming! Don't forget to share your experience with us in comments.