Windows 10 has added several functionalities to the feature stack that was available on the previous version of Windows. One of such functionality is the ability to install Graphic Tools as an additional feature to the operating system. Such features are not included with the shipped-in product but you can easily install them per your wish. It’s important to note that these features are not obligatory and their absence doesn’t affect your system in any way.
What are Graphic Tools?
Graphics Tools can be used to take advantage of the graphics diagnostic features provided in the runtime and Visual Studio to develop DirectX apps or games. It also includes the ability to create Direct3D debug devices (via Direct3D SDK Layers) in the DirectX runtime, plus Graphics Debugging, Frame Analysis, and GPU Usage.
There may be times when you require a minimal set of graphic tools, like for instance in the following scenarios:
Scripting of API traces or carrying out regression testing on a lab machine
Installing D3D SDK Layers
Using the DXCAP command line tool to capture and playback D3D graphics log file
At such times, Windows 10 Graphics Tools can be of great help. To install Graphics Tools on your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
Install or Uninstall Graphics Tools in Windows 10
1. Press Windows Key + I key combination on your keyboard to open Settings app and click on System.
2. In the System settings window, click on Apps & features present in the left pane.
3. Now, on the right side pane, click on Manage optional features present at the top as shown in the above image. This will open up all the optional features that are already added to your computer.
4. Now, in Manage Optional Features window, click on Add a feature. Here apart from Graphic Tools, you will be able to add several Fonts as well as the Insider Hub.
5. Look for Graphics Tools and click on it.
Now, click Install button to on board the feature to your PC.
That’d be all you need to do to add this functionality to your Windows 10 PC.
You can easily uninstall Graphic Tools from Manage Optional Features window if you wish to do so, by clicking on the Uninstall button.