When you get an error message and need tech support to fix a computer problem, troubleshooting the issue is much easier if you can share with your tech support person what it is you're seeing.In Windows, pressing the Print Screen / PrtScn key copies the whole screen image onto your the Windows Clipboard, so you can paste it into a Word document or an (HTML-format) e-mail message. If you press both the Alt key and the Print Screen key at the same time, you'll get a screenshot of just the active window. (The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard)Here's how to do it:
1. Click the error message you want to capture.
2. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key.
3. Click the Windows Start button
4. Click Accessories
5. Click Paint
6. In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste
7. When the error message image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.
8. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screenshot.
9. Click the Save button.
10. You can now email this image as an email attachment, print it, or put it in a Word document.